Do you need a website? Or perhaps your existing website needs an overhaul or replacing altogether? Are you hoping to avoid the £1000’s charged by large corporate design houses? Then you’ve come to the right place. I can create a website for you similar (or different) to this one for £100’s rather than £1000’s.
How Would You Build My Site?
Here’s the process I would use to create a brand new website:
- Agree and purchase a domain name (ie. www.your-name.co.uk). **
- Purchase a hosting package (this is where your website files “live”). **
- Configure an SSL certificate (this adds a layer of security to your website and is also important for search engines … well, Google).
- Configure and setup WordPress (Why WordPress and what is it? – see below).
- Agree to a layout template and basic colour scheme with you.
- Construct your website using your text, logo and images where available. (I can advise on sourcing images and logos if required).
** These are costs that recur annually depending on the domain name type and hosting package you’ve opted for. For example, domain names ending in .co.uk cost around £6 per year, .com around £10, .uk.com around £25. Hosting packages also vary but the company I use charge from £38 to £240 per year depending on things like the amount of traffic, amount of storage space and the number of email accounts you’ll require. These charges will be added to your initial bill and will be invoiced to you annually 1 month prior to renewal.
I’ll create a 3-page website that is up and running and ready to use. These three pages can be used as you wish but for example could comprise of a home page, products or services page and a simple contact page. To cut the cost of your site down to £250 (from £294 with domain name and hosting charges) I have made a few assumptions:
- You’re happy to use one of the free templates provided by WordPress or the “Customizr” template that this website is built on.
- You’re happy to provide me with the text to be used on each page.
- You’re happy to provide me with any images or a logo if required.
- We’ll be using a .co.uk domain name and a “lite” hosting package.
- Additional pages can be added at £50 per page.